Early Child Care & Education Program
DCO's Early Child Care and Education (ECCE) Program is a nationally accredited program, licensed by the Bureau of Child Care Licensing in 1991 to provide child care services for children with and without developmental disabilities. The program is a vendor for the Children's Division.
The Early Child Care and Education Program offers a daily classroom setting for infants and children 6 weeks through 6 years who require specialized programs and therapies as well as children who do not. The classroom instruction is based on a developmental model and offers a wide variety of activities including language stimulation, motor development, self-help skill development, learning centers, and play activities. Trained staff and a full time nurse are supervised by a professional coordinator with a degree in the education field.
Who Can Attend?
Classroom placement is available for children six weeks through six years. Children are assigned to classrooms based on age.
Children with behavioral, medical, or physical needs will be enrolled on a trial basis with an individualized program developed. Regular classroom enrollment will be approved when appropriate if the classroom environment meets the needs of the child.
- Trained Experienced Staff
- Structured Classroom Instruction
- Regular Screening & Updates
- Video Cameras in Each Classroom
- Individual Therapy as Needed
- Support & Assistance with School Referrals
- Library Loan of Books, Articles & Tapes
- Inside Activity Space for Inclement Weather
- Electronic Door with Authorized Entry
- Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks are provided daily
- Outside Restrooms & Water for Playground
- Resilient Surfacing on the playground
- Full Time Nurse
Enrollment/Activity Fee: $25 per child
6 weeks - 2 years: $185/week (includes formula with iron or soy-based formula and baby food)
2 years - 3 years: $125/week
3 years - 6 years: $115/week
Admission to any DCO program, service or staff position will not be denied due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, military status or disability.